Consumer Direct Mi Via Consultants have been supporting participants’ success in the Mi Via program since it was established in 2006. The program’s goal is to provide a community based alternative to the services which would otherwise be provided by institutions. Consumer Direct Mi Via Consultants facilitate greater participant choice and direction in choosing services, supports and goods.
Our Consultants focus on providing a customer-oriented service to Mi Via participants, based on the individual’s expressed wants and needs. Mi Via Consultants are a resource that the Mi Via Participant may call upon for assistance. We can help with creating and updating service plans, emergency/backup plans, understanding paperwork, offering information on community services and answering questions or concerns about Mi Via.
Mi Via is the result of the efforts of many individuals and groups statewide who sought to include self-direction as an option in New Mexico’s Home and Community Based Services waivers. Consumer Direct supports Mi Via’s guiding principles, which are:
- All people have value and potential.
- People shall be viewed in terms of their abilities.
- People have the right to participate and be fully included in their communities.
- People have the right to live, work, learn and receive services and supports appropriate to their individual needs and in the most integrated settings within their communities.
- Mi Via Consulting services are available statewide. Spanish and Navajo-speaking staff are available.